I could say blogging is like daily affirmations. But for me its mostly a way of documenting what I love most- being artistic. I hope it brings you a little inspiration.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The DIY Wedding- Stage 1

So now that the home situation is all taken care of it was time to move onto the wedding. With, again. a budget of nearly zero and an adventurous nature I vowed to make it a dazzling wedding by making everything myself. I'm not joking I set out to make EVERYTHING. Did this actually come to fruition in the end? No. But I learned a lot in the process.

We started off by designing our own invitations and announcements which turned out pretty great.

The theme I chose was a combination of "Vintage English Garden" which developed after perusing many wedding websites.  I wanted it to look simple and handmade but whimsical and old fashioned as well. I think I succeeded but I'll let you be the judge!
I'm a huge fan of banners and bunting, I'm so pleased with how these turned out!
the tools you need
finished product
on the wedding day, see? Lovely!

Napkin ring tutorial tomorrow! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment